Dublin City University
- Join our community of 13,000 students and 50,000+ Alumni on our safe, moderngreen campus located close to Dublin city centre
- Almost 20% of our students are international – there are 2,300+ international students from 109 nationalities
- 92% of graduates are in employment or further study within six months of graduation
- We are the No. 1 university in Ireland for work experience and careers advice (International Student Barometer)
- Over 70% of our undergraduate students participate in an internship or study abroad as part of their Bachelor degree
- All DCU Masters programmes are full-time and 1 year in duration, unless otherwise stated
- International students in Europe are the happiest and most satisfied studying in Ireland
- Twitter users say that Dublin is the friendlist city in the world
- QS Top 200 Subject Rankings in Computer Science and Information Technology and Politics (2014)
- 12 month work visa in Ireland available after graduation
English Language Requirement
All Programmes – Both Bachelor and Master Degree
|Undergraduate and Postgraduate Business Courses|
|Examination||Minimum entry requirements|
|IELTS||Overall score 6.5 or above and 6.5 in writing and speaking. Other sections scores 6 or above.|
|TOEFL||Overall score 580 or above and all sections scores 55 or above.|
|CBTOEFL||Overall score 237 or above and all section scores 21 or above.|
|IBTOEFL||Overall score 92 or above and all section scores 21 or above.|
|International Foundation Certificate||Optional one year programme for students with at least IELTS 5.5 or equivalent, with no less than 5 in any one component.|
1. Students with a composite IELTS 6.5 score or equivalent need a score of at least IELTS 6.5 in writing and speaking.
2. English Language requirements for individual programmes may be higher.
International Foundation Course
Start: September to May each year
English language requirements:
- IELTS: 5.5 with no component less than 5.0 or
- TOEFL: 500 (paper based) / TOEFL 173 (computer based) /TOEFL 61(iBT) or
- DCU Foundation English Test: above 55%
Pre Master Programs
- IELTS 6.0-6.5 Pre-Sessional English Language Programmes
- IELTS 6.0 Pre-Masters International Foundation Programme [1 semester]
- IELTS 5.5-6.0 Pre-Masters International Foundation Programme [1 year]
- IELTS 4.5-5.5 DCU Language Services English language programmes [about 1 year] plus Pre-Masters International Foundation Programme [1 semester or 1 year]
More information www.dcu.ie/international/english-foundation
Pre Sessional English language programs
10 weeks – IELTS 6.0 with no skill less than 5.5. DCU Business School additionally requires 6.0 in speaking and writing.
5weeks – IELTS 6.5 with up to two skills less than 6.0 but no skill less than 5.5. DCU Business School additionally requires 6.0 in speaking and writing.
DCU Fee ranges Euro 12000-15000 a year depending on course. Full 1 year fee is payable in advance as per visa requirements.
Students can pay via Pay To Study or direct bank transfer as below
Allied Irish Bank Plc
Bank Sort Code: 93-22-21
Account Number: 43170288 (DCU)
Bank Swift Code: AIBKIE2D
IBAN: IE12 AIBK 9322 2143 170288
Some Most Popular Post Graduate Programs at DCU are
Engineering – MEng in Electronic Systems; MEng in Telecommunications Engineering; MEng in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering;
Computing – MSc in Data Analytics; Cloud Computing; Software Engineering; Security and Forensics; Human Language Technology; MSc in Electronic Commerce [Technical]
Business & Management – MSc in International Management; MSc in Human Resource Management; MSc in Humanitarian Logistics and Emergency Management; MSc in Finance 3 streams: Risk Management
Capital Markets; Energy Finance; MSc in Digital Marketing;
LLM in Law
Health Sciences: MSc in Biomedical Diagnostics
- Euro 50 Application Fee – non refundable
- Passport copy
- Bachelor degree transcript plus semester sheets and grading system
- English language certificate ( IELTS / TOEFL / CAE etc. )
- Personal statement – Student Essay
- Two references – Past Teacher reference or Employer reference.
Typically, DCU need a Bachelor’s degree from a good University with a minimum of a 2.1 or GPA of 3 out of 4 or GPA 4 out of 5.