Applying for a UK student visa?

SCS Counselors are here to help!

Latest news and update is at
The visa you need will depend on your age and the type of study you want to do.

To be eligible for a Student route visa, you must:
  • Have an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed Student route sponsor. It is called CAS – Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies
  • Have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course.

Applying for your visa online

You must apply for your student visa application online using the British Government’s official website

You can apply up to three months before your intended date of travel to the UK. Your application date is the date when your application fee is paid.

Kindly check UK Home office website for the latest student visa fee. There is also Fast track visa application service for quick

Documents required for Student route visa:

When applying for your Student route visa, you will generally need:

  • A current passport or other valid travel documentation
  • Evidence of funds to provide your living expenses for the duration of your course
  • Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) reference number and documents used to obtain CAS
  • Passport-sized color photograph
  • Tuberculosis screening*
  • Assessment documentation
  • Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) clearance certificate (if required)
  • Evidence that you have held the required funds for 28 consecutive days in a suitable bank account (see for details)
  • Immigration Health Surcharge (if applicable) must be paid prior to the visa application. Please follow this link for more information –
  • You can use the Home Offices Immigration Health Surcharge tool to check how much you will have to pay.
  • The Student Visa application form will direct you to the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) portal where you can pay the required charge.

Additional documents may also be needed if you are:

  • Not a citizen of the country you are applying from
  • Under 18 years of age
  • Have family (dependents)

You will need to select a Post Office branch from where to collect your BRP card. You should choose a branch near your campus so we can support you – please follow this link to do so

If any of your supporting documents are not in English, you will need to have them translated. Each translated document must be dated, and include the translator’s name and signature and confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document.

How to book TB Screening Certificate

  • Book an appointment well in advance on telephone. Dial UAN (051) 111 466 472.
  • Visit BHC designated clinic for TB test certificate (Check clinic’s addresses at web-link 6 below).
  • Take your passport and two recent passport sized photographs.
  • TB fees can be deposited at designated branches of Standard Chartered Bank in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Mirpur (Azad Kashmir).
  • Validity of the TB screening certificate is 6 months
  • Please follow this link for more information –


English language requirements

You must provide evidence of your knowledge of the English language when you apply for your visa.

If you are applying for a degree level course at a UK University, it will be up to University to assess your English level by means of exams/ University Internal Test / Online exams or by your past academic grades. Kindly check with your UK University what proof they want.

If you  are applying for a below degree level course eg. Pathways ( Foundation/ Pre Master, Pre Sessional English ), HND, ACCA, Diploma and Certificate courses, UK Home office require passing a secure English language test. For details see

UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have minimum English language requirements for reading, writing, listening and speaking according to your level of study. Your education institution (sponsor) may have different English language requirements.

Our sister organization Institute of Career Development offer various English Tests both  online / at test center. See for tests we offer and related link. You can book / pay for test online at

We do offer IDP IELTS, TOEFL, Language Cert, Skills for English SELT exams, Cambridge English exams ( CAE/FCE/BEC/Linguaskill ) and Duolingo English Test.

Biometric residence permit

As part of your application, you must also obtain a biometric residence permit (BRP) from UKVI. You will need to make an appointment with UKVI to have your fingers and thumbs scanned and a digital photo taken of your face.

VFS UK is managing visa applications and you may visit there web site for latest updates about visa submission process, appointment booking and visa fee

  • Go to the designated VAC (Visa Application Centre) with all supporting documents (original).
  • Deposit visa processing fee. This is non-refundable (Check the current fee at ).
  • You will need to provide ‘biometric’ information. This biometric information consists of scans of all 10 of your fingers and a full-face digital photograph.

VAC gives you a receipt once your application has been submitted.

UK Credibility Interview

UK home office will conduct a credibility interview at the Visa Application Centre when the student applicant attends to submit their application and biometric information (fingerprint and photograph). Interview can also be conducted by UK University before issuing CAS / Offer letter to check your suitability. SCS can prepare you for that interview so that you can answer all questions in right way.

Process for Credibility Interview:

  • The interview will primarily be conducted using video-conferencing. We are also putting in place suitable telephony as a contingency.
  • Interviews are not carried out by entry clearance officers, rather an interviewing officer based in the UK. The officer will question the applicant about their reasons for studying in the UK.  The interview will be conducted in English and provide assurance that the English language requirements of the Tier 4 rules are met. A report of the interview will be sent to the visa officer.
  • The report of the interview will be an additional piece of information that will be considered by the visa officer at the decision making hub, alongside the application and supporting documents.  It will help the visa officer make an informed and high quality decision on the application.
  • If the visa officer needs to examine wider genuine student rule points, such as immigration history or finances, then the applicant may be called for an in-depth interview.

The students  under 18 with Young Savers account

  • Submit a birth certificate with the parental consent (parents give consent to independent travel and studies in the UK).
  • Students must also provide their original birth certificate to reflect that it was the parents who signed the consent form.

The students aged 18 and over – unless students have an official birth certificate (issued at a time of birth), it is recommended placing the required balance for tuition and living expenses in their personal bank account.

Student Counselling Services Educational ConsultantsHead Office
ICD House 107 Mamdot Block Mustafa Town Wahdet Road Lahore
OUR LOCATIONSWhere to find us?
GET IN TOUCHSCS Social links

Copyright by SCS. All rights reserved.